Alright, alright, alright! I’m going to try this food blogging thing. I have a funny story for you all: one day, I made dinner, side dishes, and dessert for myself and three friends. The dinner was very average and I decided then and there that I needed to learn how to cook. Since then, I have made a ton of Pinterest and other recipes, but I always have a little bit that I want to change. I figured we can go on a Rebekah cooking journey together. My first dish is a one pot tomato, onion, and basil pasta. Please let me know if you try this out and what you think!!
One Pot Tomato, Onion, and Basil Pasta
Serves: 1 (but can easily be doubled or tripled or whatever you need!)
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cooking Time: About 10 minutes
What you need:
- 4 ounces linguine
- 1.5 cups of water
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs basil
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- about 1 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese in a skillet
- Cover and boil for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. If you don’t like blistered tomatoes, wait about 5 minutes before adding them to the pot
- Pour contents onto a plate and top with cheese
Enjoy! Please comment and let me know what you think. My hope is that we will learn and cook together.
This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart.