Okay, who doesn’t love pasta? And who doesn’t love easy cleanup? And WHO doesn’t LOVEEE cheese? If you are one of these rarities who doesn’t, I’m not sure how you survive. I recently decided to go gluten free as gluten triggers my chronic headaches. When I thought this meant pasta, I cried a little inside, not gonna lie. However, science and food and stuff have come a long way so there is gluten free pasta! OMG When I found this recipe, I wanted to try it, with a few revisions. IT IS SO GOOD, perfect comfort food for a rainy, dreary day.
One Pot Caprese Pasta
What you need:
- 1.25 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 ounces linguine (or any of your favorite pasta) – gluten free works great!
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved – measure them whole and then half them
- 3 basil leaves sprigs or about 15 leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 of a sweet onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Place all water, broth, oil, pasta, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and onion in a large skillet. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil on high.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking for about 12 minutes making sure you stir every 2 or so minutes.
- Remove from heat when most of the liquid is gone and the pasta is cooked through. Top with cheese. Stir the pasta so the cheese really melts in. It will be nice and gooey, SO DELISH
This is adapted from Diethood.