I have already mentioned that I am trying to cut down on gluten. I can’t give it up completely because my sweet tooth is too strong. However, when I cut gluten in major ways, I’m happy. One big thing that contains gluten is pizza. If you’re looking for a healthy, gluten free alternative to that sinful cheesy deliciousness, I have your cure. ZUCCHINI CRUST PIZZA IS LIKE OMG GOOD. It’s healthy, but really cheesy, but light, and so delicious.
Zucchini Crust Pizza
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 3 zucchini, shredded (I use a cheese grater)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza toppings (I used 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella)
- First you have to make the crust: after you shred the zucchini, microwave it for 6 minutes. Squeeze out as much water as you can after you’ve microwaved it.
- Combine zucchini with the egg, shredded cheeses, and Italian seasoning
- Mix the crust ingredients together with a fork and pour it onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake the crust at 450 for 15-17 minutes
- After you remove the crust, dress the pizza as you desire and bake for an additional 10 minutes at 400
- Let it cool, and enjoy!! For a crispier crust, bake for a little bit longer, but keep an eye on it, the cheese can burn quickly
This recipe is adapted from Closet Cooking.