As a proud Texan, I know that bar-b-q is a valid food group and that everything tastes better with bar-b-q sauce on top. Going out to eat is not always budget friendly, but big crock pot meals with lots of leftovers definitely fit the bill! Check out these scrumptious and Texan approved BBQ Chicken Drumsticks!
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 hours
- Lawry’s seasoning salt (not pictured, oops!)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bottle of 18 oz BBQ sauce bottle
- 6 drumsticks
- 1/4 cup water
- Season your drumsticks with the seasoning salt a.k.a. the greatest seasoning on Earth
- Pour your water and onions at the bottom of the crock pot (I would use enough water to cover the bottom, you can always add more onions, too!)
- Place the drumsticks on top of the onions and cook covered on high for 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Pour the sauce into the crock pot and gently combine
- Continue cooking covered on high for an additional 35 minutes or your chicken is done.
- DO NOT ADD THE SAUCE AT THE BEGINNING, it will get very liquidy and runny
This recipe is adapted from The Frugal Girls.