I love pasta. I love meat. I love food, let’s just be honest. I was craving some Italian sausage last week when I was planning out what I was going to eat this week and I found this GEM of a recipe. It’s pretty low maintenance, and high on flavor. Also, I slightly slacked on taking pictures because I was getting side tracked soooo sorry. Anyway, this is a gluten free recipe if you use gluten free pasta as I did (corn pasta is very good, and also slightly healthier!) and a filling meal all around.
Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
Prep Time: 12-18 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 3 cups (1/2 a 16 oz package) penne pasta (gluten free okay)
- 1 lb. mild bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large glove of garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can of Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- Cook the sausage, garlic, and onion, at medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 7-9 minutes or until meat is no longer pink
- At the same time, cook pasta according to package instructions
- Stir the tomatoes, cream, salt, and 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese into the sausage pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and gently stir into the sausage mixture
- Garnish with more Parmesan if desired
This recipe is adapted from Lil’ Luna.