I finally have the final dish from my girls night: Tex Mex Egg Rolls. Full disclaimer: these things don’t look super pretty, but the taste more than makes up for it. It took me a few tries to get the egg rolls rolled just right, so I am here to share my secret with you. And don’t forget, even if they aren’t amazingly beautiful, they are super tasty.
Tex Mex Egg Rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 cup corn (I used canned corn)
- 1/2 can (about 1 cup) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg roll wrappers
- olive oil, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix all the ingredients, except the egg roll wrappers and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir well
- Using a spoon, scoop about 2 scoops of the mixture onto a flat wrapper. Place the mixture close to a long edge. You don’t want to overfill them!
- After you have placed the mixture on the wrapper, fold the side where the filling is once then fold the ends over
- Gently, and tightly, roll the egg roll from right to left or left to right. Place the egg roll seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Gently drizzle olive oil over the wrapped egg rolls (optional)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through
This recipe is adapted from Nutritious Eats.