So I have been living in a hotel for the last few days and will for the rest of the work week because I STARTED MY JOB ON MONDAY! I have been learning a ton, but haven’t gotten to post any of the super awesome recipes I made last week when I was finishing everything in my fridge. This chicken dish is one of my favorites. I don’t eat it a lot because it has a good amount of gluten in it, but it is worth the headache that I get. Anyway, this thing is cheesy and fried, what more can a girl ask for?
Cheesy Fried Chicken
What you need:
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded and butterflied
- Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- splash of water
- 1/2 cup of your favorite breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (I used mozzarella this time but have used cheddar or colby jack)
- vegetable oil for frying (try to cover the bottom of the skillet)
- Season your chicken generously with seasoning salt
- Beat the egg and water together, place the flour on a baking sheet or plate, mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and place in a separate pile from the flour
- Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture. Really try and make sure all of the cheese gets onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken onto a flat dish and refrigerate for about 15 minutes
- Spray your skillet with cooking spray if it isn’t nonstick and then fill with oil so that the bottom of the pan is covered
- Place the chicken into the skillet and cook on medium high. Turn every few minutes and cook until the chicken is cooked through. I like mine crunchy because I really like crunchy cheese so I cook it for a little longer.
This recipe is adapted from Recipes Food and Cooking.