I am always looking for new side dishes. I was doing a massive side dish search and stumbled across these carrots that are tasty and delicious. And you can pretend that they’re super healthy because they’re carrots, I mean they can’t be that bad for you, right? Anyway, I made this dish three times before I think I really nailed it and I am here to help YOU nail it the first time!
Brown Sugar Carrots
Serves: 1 (but easily manipulated to serve more) Total Time: about 15 minutes
What you need:
- 3/4 cup mini carrots, I would cut the thicker ones in half long wise (to make them half as thick)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of water
- Bring all of the contents to a boil over high heat
- Reduce the heat to a simmer on medium low for 6 minutes, stirring once or twice
- Raise the heat again to medium high and cook for 5-7 minutes or the liquid is gone and the carrots are tender enough to eat
This recipe is adapted from Lil Luna.