Chocolate is basically the greatest food of all time. Brownies are a dessert that is hard to beat, especially with a cold glass of milk after a long day of work. Fudge and chocolate chips are also two foods that are tops in my book, and I have a brownie recipe that is chocolatey, fudgey, and full of chocolate chunks. The batter for this stuff is incredible, it tastes like homemade fudge. Just remember, raw batter has raw eggs, so be careful if you choose to consume it! I get my full of this batter just by licking the spoon.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), set out for about 25 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended!!) (I didn’t add them in the recipe I took pictures of FYI)
- Preheat oven to 350*, spray a small pan with cooking spray (8×8, 7×7, 9×9, etc)
- Mix the butter, vanilla, and sugar together with a hand mixer
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until they are well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring with a spoon or a hand mixer on low. You don’t want to over beat the batter.
- Spread the batter into the ban and bake for 23-26 minutes. The edges will start to pull away from the pan, that is the best way to tell when they are done. If the brownies crack, like mine did in the picture, they are still very fudgey and good, just a bit less pretty
- Allow the brownies to cool a bit before cutting and devouring
This recipe is adapted from Something Swanky.