I think it’s well documented by now that I have a fan of fresh green beans. Baking them in the oven is one of the easiest and healthiest, not to mention quickest, side dishes out there. Green things are tasty and healthy; plus, when you eat ’em, your body feels better. It’s amazing what a healthy meal can do for the way your body feels, the sleep you get, and your general mood. Adding these little beauties today are guaranteed to make your body and taste buds happy.
Green Beans with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
What you need:
- 1/4 pound of green beans, washed with the ends snapped off
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, season your beans with salt and pepper. Cook your green beans on medium for about 8 minutes, turning every so often so they cook evenly. I like mine crispy, not squishy, so I cook until you can see some black
- While the beans are cooking, mix the lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro in a small bowl with a fork, like you would whip eggs
- When the green beans are done, place on a plate and drizzle with the vinaigrette, add more salt and pepper if you desire
This recipe is adapted from Blogging Over Thyme.