I love love love asparagus, but usually only eat it when my mom makes it for the holidays. I found a recipe that was super easy for it and decided that it doesn’t have to be a special occasion food. Plus, LIFE is a special occasion right?? This side dish goes really well with any kind of meat and whips up super easy in just 10 minutes! Gluten free of course as well! Also, please note that the picture is just 1/3 pound, but I’ve made this with a full pound so many times – it is amazing in small or normal batch!
Fool Proof Asparagus
What you need:
- cooking spray
- 1 pound of asparagus (thicker is better than thinner!!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Wash your asparagus and cut the ends off that are hard. This is usually the chewy stuff that you have a hard time breaking down when you chew
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray, you want your asparagus to fit in here without bending
- Place the asparagus and the water in the pan and cook on high, covered for 5-6 minutes or the asparagus is firm, but tender. Once every minute or so, shake the pan to move the asparagus around – don’t mind the smoke!
- Drain the remaining water (if any, but there SHOULD be some) and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Add the butter, garlic salt, pepper, and grated cheese to the pan. Make sure you put all of these things on top of the asparagus so they can melt onto the spears. Turn them once or twice until the butter is melted and the cheesy is kinda sticky and melty
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded cheese,
This recipe is adapted from Ella Claire.