Once upon a time, there was a girl named Rebekah. Rebekah traveled to Indianapolis with the Texas A&M Men’s Swimming and Diving team to compete for the National Championship. On the last night of the meet, they all went out to eat at a very nice restaurant where Rebekah ordered BBQ meatloaf. When Rebekah told her friends Jeff and Matt that she had done this, they made fun of her. BUT THEY DIDN’T TASTE THE MEATLOAF. I am a huge fan of meatloaf, there’s something amazing about the way the meat comes together to make it kind of creamy that gets my taste buds excited. Last school year, H-E-B had some soppin’ sauce meatloaf that was very similar to the amazing BBQ meatloaf I had once upon a time. Made it, loved it, made it again, sharing the recipe 🙂 My mom makes an amazing meatloaf, but this one that I have is more of a BBQ type flavor. If you don’t live close to H-E-B, I’m very very sorry for you.
Soppin’ Sauce Meatloaf
What you need:
- 1/2 cup Bodacious Red Soppin’ Sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used seasoned, use your favorite!)
- 1 egg
- 1 pound of ground meat
- Preheat the oven to 375*, spray a loaf pan with cooking spray (I have used a 7×9 before, but I highly recommend a loaf pan!)
- Combine the breadcrumbs, egg, and 1/4 cup of the soppin’ sauce in a medium sized bowl
- Once the mixture is well combined and kind of sticky, add in the meat
- Using your hands, mix the meat together with the breadcrumb mixture until it is all combined into each other
- Bake for 60 minutes
- Remove from the oven, pour the remaining 1/4 cup of soppin’ sauce over the meatloaf and cook for an additional 10 minutes or it is cooked through
- Let the meatloaf sit for at least 5 minutes before you cut into it. This really helps all the flavors come together nice and tasty like
This recipe is adapted from my favorite place, H-E-B!!