It has been SO HOT here in Texas over the last few weeks – I’m talking 105. Like that’s stupid. When it’s that hot outside, my poor air conditioner has to work overtime, so I try to make as many things as possible that don’t require heat. This is a challenge because I love to bake and I love to eat any and everything, but this salad fits the bill. I was able to whip up a very filling dinner with a ton of flavors that combine well AND keep the heat in my apartment to a minimum. Plus, gluten free AND healthy #FTW
Mozzarella Tomato Sala
Feeds: 1 Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz balled mozzarella, drained and halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinaigrette
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, avocado, basil, and parsley in a medium sized bowl
- Stir well and add the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinaigrette, salt and pepper on top
- Stir and mix well and then enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Fake Ginger!