No meal full of Chinese food is complete without some wontons!! When I was little, our H-E-B had a Chinese restaurant inside it and sometimes we would get crab rangoon. Ever since then, those bad boys have had a special place in my heart. Now you can make them at home!!! Easy easy easy and very very very delicious!
Cream Cheese Wontons
Yield: 4 Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (I used fat free)
- 1 green onion, just the green part, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Fill a small pot with vegetable oil – you want to make sure the oil is deep enough for the wontons to be completely covered. Heat over medium high heat (cover to help speed up the process)
- Mix the cream cheese, onion, and garlic salt together in a small bowl
- Take 1 wonton wrapper and face one corner towards you
- Using about 1/2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture, place it in the middle of the wrapper
- Spread the cream cheese out a little bit so it’s flatter than round. You want to keep it in the top half of the wrapper
- Fold the bottom corner towards the top corner, but not matching perfectly. My wontons were not square so that made it easy.
- Wetting your fingers, rub the top sides that need to be folded over the part that you folded up
- Make sure the wonton is completely sealed, adding more water to seal it if needed
- The oil should be ready to fry after about 10 minutes
- Using tongs, gently place a wonton into the oil and WATCH LIKE A HAWK
- The wontons will be ready very quickly, watch that they don’t burn
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate before chowing down
This recipe is adapted from Budget Savvy Diva.