“There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured with breakfast food.” – Ron Swanson. Have truer words about food ever been spoken? I can’t think of any. I love pancakes and don’t think I will ever be able to eat them without thinking about my college friends. Pancakes were a staple for us, especially for my pal, Matt. These bad boys do not just cure your pancake fix, they cure your chocolate fix because they are loaded with brownie batter. I ate these three times last week, true story. Plus, you can pack them with SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS so that you are basically eating different meals each time you eat them. They are incredibly fluffy (a must with pancakes) and are perfect for any meal (breakfast for dinner is something that happens at least once a week here). Eat these now, thank me later.
Brownie Batter Pancakes
What you need:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry pancake mix
- 1/2 cup dry brownie mix
- pancake add ins – I have tried frozen raspberries, chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips (my favorite!!) – to taste
- Syrup – optional
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat to about 350 degrees. Spray with cooking spray if needed (I used a nonstick skillet and didn’t spray it)
- Mix the egg, milk, pancake mix, and brownie mix in a medium sized bowl with a spoon
- Once the cooking surface is hot, scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto the surface and immediately top with your add ins
- Let the pancake cook until the edges are dry and bubbly, like a normal pancake
- Flip and let it finish cooking. Watch these like a hawk so they don’t burn
- Top with normal pancake syrup is you wish, or you could use chocolate syrup or just eat them plain!!
This recipe is adapted from Something Swanky.