We have had some incredible, almost fall weather and it makes me want to eat fall comforty food. I bought some fall scents for my apartment, too and now I’m getting mad that it is still 90 degrees outside. This dish I have for you today is perfect for fall and perfect for a lighter dinner when it’s hot outside. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to buy a spiralizer because ZUCCHINI NOODLES ARE AMAZING. Like my favorite food to make. If I could just shed up little zucchini’s all day, I’d do it. I’m a simple woman and I enjoy the simple things in life, what can I say? Gluten free and healthy!! SO MUCH WINNING
Zucchini Noodles with Meat Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 pound of breakfast sausage (or Italian sausage, or ground meat!)
- 2 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized or shredded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese (I use a blend from the store)
- After you have prepared your zucchini, squeeze it in a paper towel or dish towel to remove the excess water
- Brown the sausage in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Once it starts to brown on the outside, add the cooking wine
- Continue cooking the sausage and wine until the sausage is cooked through.
- Continue scraping the bottom of the pan getting all of the browned parts of the sausage off the pan
- Add the tomato sauce, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning
- Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes
- Remove the meat sauce from the heat and add the olive oil and zucchini
- Stir until the zucchini is warm and browned a little, about 2-3 minutes
- Remove the zucchini and mix with the meat sauce.
- Top with cheese and enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Shutter Bean.