When I went home for Christmas, I was in the process of changing jobs so I was blessed with two weeks of transition time. While I was at home, I baked tons of different recipes, fully enjoying my time off. I was going through some of my mom’s cook books, and found a gem of a recipe from my grandma. My grandma is a straight up old fashioned baker, she doesn’t really measure ingredients, tells me to bake things “until they’re done,” and makes so many MAGICAL recipes. When I asked my dad about these specific NO BAKE cookies, he turned into a small child, detailing how much he loveddd those cookies. They are gluten free and absolutely delicious!
Oatmeal No Bakes
Yield: about 3 dozen Total Time: about 1 hour
What you need:
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 cup quick oatmeal, plus more if needed
- Melt sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat, stir occasionally
- Cook until smooth and butter is melted and then remove from heat and add remaining ingredients
- Stir well -if it is still a little runny, add more oatmeal – you don’t want them too runny!
- Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, scoop the cookies onto a piece of wax or parchment paper
- Allow cookies to cool and harden before eating!
Adapted this one from my grandma ❤