While fresh fruit or green beans are my go-to side dishes, it’s fun to mix it up once in awhile. And if you can mix it up with another vegetable and have something gluten free, even better!! I’m pretty tired, so I think this is about all I can muster to write tonight, but enjoy these delicious mushrooms!
Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 pound mushrooms (I use what’s on sale), cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (make sure to get gluten free if you need)
- Add butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Cook until melted and add garlic, cooking for about 1 more minute or garlic is very fragrant
- Quickly add mushrooms and soy sauce and toss in the skillet
- Allow the mushrooms to cook, don’t stir too often
- Let mushrooms cook until the appropriate texture is reached
This recipe is adapted from Spend with Pennies.