Have you ever been to Rudy’s Country Store and B-B-Q? It’s this cool restaurant where they cut your meat at the counter and you eat off wax paper. And they also have this super cool hand washer. Like you put your hands in this vault thing, and it spins around and sprays your hands. And then you get a sticker that says, “I have clean hands” because you’ve probably never had cleaner hands in your life. They have the most AMAZING creamed corn, I’m not sure you’ve lived until you’ve properly devoured that stuff. I found this sweet copy cat recipe that is made in a crock pot in mere hours. I threw this stuff in the crock pot, watch the AFC Championship game, and had some delicious corn ready to go once it was dinner time. Gluten, free and while it is full of calories, it is worth every single one. Serve this up with the chicken I’m dropping later this week, and you have yourself a proper Texas meal. Doesn’t that chicken in the pic look good??? This is what you call a tease my friends.
Crock Pot Creamed Corn
Serves: 2-3 Total Time: 4 hours, 5 minutes
What you need:
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed (I used fat free)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/8 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in your crock pot and stir
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring once an hour if so desired
- Tastes really good reheated!
This recipe is adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen.