Have you ever eaten a kolache with spinach and artichoke filling? I had one today and I also bought another kolache that has chopped brisket and cheese in it. OH. MY. GOSH. My stomach is so happy. And your stomach is going to be happy with this new recipe! I’m sorry I haven’t blogged in awhile, I have tons of stuff coming up for you guys in the next week!! This pasta is all made in one pot and is gluten free (if you use GF pasta). It has a super unique kick to it (salsa AND pasta? YES PLEASE), but also has some delicious turkey to get you some protein.
One Pot Salsa Pasta
Serves: 2 Total Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 pound lean turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 whole green pepper, diced
- 1/2 oz ranch package dressing (just the mix)
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (gluten free okay)
- cumin and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey, onion, and pepper over medium heat.
- Once the turkey is brown on the outside, stir the ranch mix in
- Add water, tomato sauce, and salsa and bring to a boil over high heat
- Stir the pasta, cumin, and pepper into the pot and reduce heat to a low simmer, cover.
- Stir occasionally until pasta is almost cooked through, add cheese
- Stir and cook until pasta is done
This recipe is adapted from Six Sisters Stuff.