Happy Sunday friends! It is a rainy day and I am straight exhausted, so I have been pretty lazy doing not much besides laundry and some light cleaning. But this morning, OH MAN, Arsenal finished in 2nd for the Premier League because their biggest rival choked sooo bad. The day when Arsenal finish above Tottenham is called St. Totteringham’s day and we were all sure it wasn’t going to come this year after 20 straight years. BUT IT DID. Life is good, mates. Just like Turkey Hash because hash = food for the soul. Gluten free and easy to whip up, perfect for a rainy evening.
Ground Turkey Hash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Cooking Time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 large pepper (your favorite kind), diced – I used red
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian/Parmesan cheese (reduced fat okay)
- Brown turkey with garlic and onions until turkey is no longer pink on the outside and onions start to soften in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the pepper and allow to soften before adding the potato
- Add the potato and seasonings, cover
- Stir occasionally. Once the potato is soft, stir in the cheese and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is cooked and combined
This recipe is adapted from Primavera Kitchen.