Are you guys as into the Olympics as I am? There’s something poetic about cheering for these amazing athletes that are from the same country as you while you stuff your face with ice cream. Because if you can’t have the abs of Michael Phelps, you might as well try and eat as many calories as he does. Or, if you are inspired by the fact that you can see every single muscle in these Olympian’s bodies, you can eat a salad, maybe this salad. I love a BLT. Bacon in general is just amazing. Salad’s are great because they are cool and refreshing and this salad gives you all the flavor of a BLT without the bread which makes it GLUTEN FREE. So much winning. Just like America – hey-ohhh.
Serves: 1 (as an entree) Total Time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 2 slices bacon, crispy and chopped
- 3-4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine the bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese in medium sized bowl; stir
- Pour the oil, vinegar, and lime juice over the mixture until fully mixed
This recipe is adapted from Damn Delicious.