I love one pot meals. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face – if you can make an entire dinner in one pot and therefore only have to wash one pot, what more can you ask for? This delicious dinner makes the chicken and the wonderful roasted potatoes all in one dish – I repeat, protein and side dish ALL IN ONE POT. It’s so amazing guys. Like for real. Plus, gluten free which is always a win.
One Pot BBQ Chicken and Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 red potatoes, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup water
- Lawry’s seasoning salt, to taste
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into chunks
- pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add the onions once the oil is warm
- Add the potatoes and water to the skillet, cover, and cook for 6-7 minutes
- Remove the lid, stir, and cook for a few more minutes or the potatoes start to brown.
- Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and then add the chicken to the skillet. Season the pan with pepper and add the clove of garlic
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the garlic sauce into the pan and continue to cook until the sauce is warm and begins to caramelize, add the green onions and stir well
This recipe is adapted from Garnish and Glaze.