Guys I feel like I have nothing to rant about today – my life is solid (which is a good thing, except for the blog…) and so instead, I am going to write you a poem. Ready? OKAY:
Roses are red, violets are blue,
This cookie is really good, and tastes totes amaze, too.
Seriously though, this cookie is super soft and tastes wonderful. Plus, it’s perfect for you to make for yourself (or share if you’re feeling generous) without having a ton of extra cookies laying around! Make it tonight, you won’t regret it!!
Single Serving Sugar Cookie
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons of a beaten egg (crack an egg, scramble, and use 2 T)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 heaping tablespoons sprinkles (I prefer cylinder or round ones)
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or a sweet silicone baking sheet – ADORE mine)
- Stir the better and sugar together in a small bowl until mixed and creamy
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until smooth
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar into the dough; stir until well combined
- Add the sprinkles and stir
- Form the dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet; bake for 15-18 minutes or the middle is set
- Allow the cookie to cool on the cookie sheet before devouring
This recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.