Guys rants are really hard to come up with. Not being able to come up with one is usually the main reason I don’t post something. Soooo sorry if you were looking for a rant today, but I just can’t think of anything… and I have a serious back log of recipes that need posting so you’re just gonna have to deal with the fact that this amazing recipe isn’t accompanied by an equally amazing rant OKAY. But for realsies, make these sweet cookies loaded with butterscotch and brown sugar (the best of the sugars) and you’ll forget how sad you are you didn’t get a sweet beks rant. k byeee
Butterscotch Brown Sugar Crinkle Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time:10-13 minutes
What you need:
- 2.25 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1.25 cup brown sugar, packed plus 1/2 cup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and cinnamon, whisk together until combined
- In a separate, large bowl, cream the butter with 1.25 cup brown sugar until creamy and well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed sugar and beat until fully combined and creamy.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the large bowl until mixed.
- Add the butterscotch chips and mix on low until incorporated
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar in a bowl
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into a bowl and roll into the brown sugar, repeat until the dough is gone
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or the cookies crinkle and are firm
- Remove to a cooling rake to cool before serving
This recipe is adapted from Two Peas and their Pod.